1. Build what’s essential: Solve real problems: If you want to be a sustained and strong product manager, focus on building things that are essential and solve real problems in your pursuit.
2. Stand for something: You need to stand for something. It is easy to be a utility player in a product role. But what are you passionate about? Will you have a brand as a strong operator? Are you known for a strong passion for user experience?
3. Pursue Greatness/Moonshot thinking: It doesn’t mean you going to invent something amazing every time, but you need to have a vision, and a desire to create something impactful. You should have a goal that fuels the fire inside you.
4. Be Fearless: We have this tendency to see all things that can go wrong when we build something. But don’t be afraid to fail and go after that big thing. You want to be inspired, share that inspiration with your customers.
5. Beauty of Simplicity: It is really easy for us product managers to build things that are overly complicated that solves problems that nobody has. Listen carefully, and find a simple path to get there. Nobody loves complexity.